i have an education background, but i want to get into IT. If took security + exam can i find a good decent job to start with no experience?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

Other than data entry clerk, NO. There's comp sci graduates with experience that are out there looking for work. In addition, there's H1-B foreigners out there with comp sci degrees. That's who you're competing against. I don't know why they would hire someone who has no IT experience; and has never written a line of code???

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

No way. They would spot you for a poser a mile away.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

What do you mean by "If I took security + exam"?

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Its highly unlikely, there are a ton of qualifying experienced candidates that will win over you at every single job you apply for.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Just go get an entry level IT job and work your way up.

Or, just learn pertinent languages, get good at coding and make something cool...

• 3 months ago

Most likely not. You're better off starting into a lower level IT job like a help-desk or something similar and working your way up. The certification itself can help, but it won't be enough. While studying/working, look into Kali Linux. It's a security-oriented Linux distro that has a lot of pentesting tools built in. There are plenty of guides and tutorials on how to use it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.