Question about British dating etiquettes?

Is it considered rude in UK to ask a man’s salary? I lived in USA for a while and while dating there, men were very offended and surprised if you asked them their salary. However, here in Pakistan, it’s considered normal to do this and they men won’t be offended. Even if you ask on first meeting/date, it is not... show more Is it considered rude in UK to ask a man’s salary?

I lived in USA for a while and while dating there, men were very offended and surprised if you asked them their salary. However, here in Pakistan, it’s considered normal to do this and they men won’t be offended. Even if you ask on first meeting/date, it is not considered rude.

In fact, even traditional matchmakers ask about salary for profile before they try to look for a match.

So anyways, is it considered rude to ask man his salary? Especially on the first couple of dates ?