Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 4 months ago

How can I put a homeopathy believer in his place?

There's this guy who won't stop talking to me about homeopathy and I think that homeopathy is total BS. I've told him that but he keeps says "prove it"

I don't have enough research to properly argue with him so I need help.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

You're not even though I know herbs have amazing healing powers, I also think that with all the watering down they are doing, it is weakening the healing powers thus making a person keep having to go back for more treatments because they don't get enough of the right chemicals to properly stimulate the body' immune system to kill whatever is attacking the body. A strong 1st response would be much more effective unless it was 2 strong, that would overload the immune system and cause it 2 stall.

• k w
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

that's probably why John D. Rockefeller had one and lived into his 90's cuz it didn't work !

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

You don’t have enough research to argue with this person because homeopathy has been around for millennia in many parts of the world and is very effective. In some European countries homeopathic remedies outsell prescription drugs for specific conditions because they work better and have no side effects. At the turn of the 20th century there were a few hundred homeopathic hospitals in the United States. They were effectively shut down by the American Medical Association which was threatened by their competition. The royal family in Britain has always had a homeopathic physician as well, because homeopathy is effective and time-proven. Homeopathy is based on the same principle as vaccines but the amounts of the substances used in homeopathic remedies are almost undetectably small. It basically works on an energetic level just like acupuncture does. Acupuncture is based on entirely different principles than Western allopathic medicine but works better for many conditions

• 3 months ago

The burden of proof is on the person making a positive claim, not the one with disbelief

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • hart
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

don't judge if you have no knowledge

• 4 months ago

Is he a coworker or a bum? Ignore the bum. And to answer the question further... Sadhguru would say in homeotherapy... It's too late ... The Boat has SAILED. You have missed the opportunity. Do not reopen history. That guy just wants to argue and you said you wish to not waste your time. You don't owe him an explanation.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Seems like the burden of proof is on him. How does he want to prove it.? Is this guy pushing drugs to you?

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

You can’t. Homeopathy is complete nonsense. It’s the idea of treating real diseases with extremely highly diluted versions of the thing that caused the disease - so there’s almost never even a single molecule of the active ingredient. It’s basically sugar water. Obviously anyone who believes sugar water cures disease is not rational. No amount of evidence, facts, reasoning will convince them it’s not.

It’s not worth it.

• Marc
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Seriously why do you need to argue? Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?

Try this...go find something you like to do that makes you happy. Dont worry about what someone else believes for their health. Its none of your business. Like Bobby McFerrin says...dont worry, be happy

• 4 months ago

"If the primary ingredients are made available for its proper function, the body will never engage in making things harmful to itself."

This pertains to proper diet and exercise and, if necessary, vitamin and mineral supplements. There is nothing in this quote that says nor implies that pharmaceuticals are included as "primary ingredients".

Depending on what kind of homeopathy they guy is talking about he could be right or he could be wrong. I believe, however, that he is talking about giving the body the chance to take care of itself (as it was designed to do) rather than pump a lot of chemicals into it (which it was not designed to do).

Maybe he talks so much because you won't listen. Try listening to what he has to say and then do some research to validate his claims - one of two things will happen: 1) you'll be able to prove him wrong, or 2) you might actually learn something.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.