Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsEngagements & Weddings · 7 months ago

My fiance told me to leave him?

Our wedding is in a week. We were arguing about something which has been annoying for us both. Ive been asking him to get his ring size for a month and he just got it for me today. When i went to place the order i found i have to now spend £200 to get the ring on time. I told him this and said to him if hed listened when i asked, i couldve saved that money and hassle. He told me to not get the ring for him. Cos all i do is nag and complain.

We had a heated argument in which i said to him if he doesnt want his ring neither do i want mine. Fiance then told me to call it all off. The whole thing with us. I panicked a lot and cried. He said if i dont want the ring then call off the marraige. I cant believe he said this. Im so hurt and my head feels like it could explode.

Idk what to say to him.

I know that you are both adults and stressed about the wedding. Because he didn't listen and act this is going to cost you a lot of money and it is probably added stress with all the other wedding costs so I would explain to him how it is important for couples to communicate and avoid costly mistakes in the future for goodness sake and have a happy marriage. I'm sure you can find a way to make it work for you get some of the elders in your family involved and have a blessed day. Congratulations and best wishes for you guys.

• GEEGEE

Sounds like a dramatic mess. I'd be inclined to agree with him- call the whole thing off. If you are in panic mode over something (the wedding) that's supposed to be a wonderful day, then something is very wrong. it doesn't sound like you work well as a team which is something that's a must. Start fresh with a new SO and move forward without so much baggage.

• Skye6 months agoReport

I disagree. Weddings are stressful to plan, a lot of couples get very stressed and anxious and argue about dumb things as the event gets closer. I would sit and try to talk it out before calling the whole thing off. Marriage is a HUGE change and big commitment, so it's understandable to be stressed.

Ask him to send you written confirmation that the wedding is off so you can show that to your vendors and try to get some of your deposit money back (and avoid lawsuits). This didn't happen just over the ring, this is a pattern and the ring was just the last straw. But better this than a divorce two years into the marriage.

You are apparently both adults who planned to spend the rest of your lives together.

So now is the time to TALK. Like adults.

Not nag, not blame, not complain. But talk about what your expectations, plans etc are, both short and long term.

Save much future heartache. Do not get married. Not to him now, and not at least yet. You both need premarital counseling IF there is any chance this marriage could work.

He's been looking for a way out..

You two are stressed out, under pressure and just overly emotional due to the upcoming nuptials

Unless you argue constantly and have been doing so for a good long time, I really think you can chalk up these current tensions to pre wedding jitters. Only you know if he open heartedly and willingly proposed to you or if he felt pressured to do so. If that latter, then this marriage may be a mistake. If not, then just chill.

Be the bigger person and go to him with an apology for going off on him and just press the restart button to continue on. Pay the extra fee for the ring delivery and be done with that topic.

If you two are really in love and have a future together, it will happen.

Wow that's soo amazing you guys are getting engaged, Take it easy, just listen to your heart who is more important to you. Money is not valuable than the person you love. Just think about him how is he and what all his behavior led you to get engaged with him. This is the most complicated time for you both if he is upset about something let it be, believe me this will be a positive memory for you both guys to remember after you get married.

One heated talk should not effect your relationship ever, there are always ups and downs in life if dosen't mean that the engagement is not gonna happen because of just a heated talk. Think positively he might be in a tough situation which led to argument that's normal for men to be in when the time is near for the ceremony.

That hassle will be worth it for a lifetime ones you both get together and get married live life together with love of your life. I Hope you guys get together asap and have a wonderful engagement Good Luck.

You both but esp. you sound rather young and very immature you. You don't end a marriage over one fight. You also need to learn that your fiance isn't a child or someone for you to order around. You ask a man to do something then if he still hasn't done it a day or so later you kindly remind him again. If he doesn't do it then so be it, let him learn by his mistake. Fussing and nagging a man will not help him learn, it will just tear him down. Sadly he sounds right, seems to me you want a little boy to order around and obey you, not a man.

You are being arrogant and you need to learn humility.

He is right. What’s the point of marrying if you’re going to think it’s alright to treat him like that?

“How does phuck off sound?” is all his reply, and who can blame him?

You shouldn’t marry him. It’s not fair to him.

You can go and find someone else to behave towards in that way - if you can!

Go on.

Go.

Leave.

Get out.

You are not wanted any more.

Okay?

Got that?

Why would anyone want to marry that?

Where is that going to lead?

Where could it possibly lead?

You’ve got a brain.

Use it!