promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
? asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 8 months ago

If hands free phones are banned in UK while driving, should talking be banned while driving?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Don't worry auto-piolt will soon replacing those drivers.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Prince
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

Finger spelling and American Sign should be. Also gesticulating Jewry, keep your hands on the wheel.

• 8 months ago

you can talk and drive at least I can

• 8 months ago

The news reported that a “Select group of MPs” came up with this idiotic proposal.

With so many gigantic problems in the UK, our average MP is fretting about carrier bags and hands-free phone use.

No wonder your average citizen has given up on our leaders.

• Ludwig
      Lv 6
      8 months agoReport

As an ex callcentre worker, I think talking on the phone should be banned when the customer is using the toilet. You think we can't tell. We can.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

There’s gonna be an awful lot of lost drivers, considering just about everyone relies on phones giving them directions these days. Have to go back to using distracting paper road maps and start seeing arguing couples again lol

• 8 months ago

Bring back the time when it was compulsory to have a men waving a red flag in front of any moving motorised vehicle.

Ask any brexiter, those where the days!!

• ...Show all comments
    • Michael
      Lv 5
      8 months agoReport

You don't have the mental capacity for any-kind of original thoughts.I fact, between your cloth-ears, is an empt cavity,Bozo.

• 8 months ago

If there is auto answer and then the driver could ask for the other person to hang up then I don't see a problem. A lot of ideas are being bandied about, most likely because Boris is going to have an early election. He is harping on about a few things nothing to do with Brexit. He isn't going to last with his majority of one. (it was two until a couple of weeks ago)

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Loud music should certainly be banned that's more distracting then any mobile phone.

• 💀Dayton⚰️
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

yes, it should have a sensible max volume and the controls should be limited - no lists of MP3's to scroll through if the engine is on - etc - maybe let people set it up before moving off.

• Joseph
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Everything will be banned in the UK!

• Jack H
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Yes, absolutely, and, carrying passengers of any kind, especially if they may look like they could break wind. Additionally, all pedestrians should be banned, in case they cause a distraction for the driver, all other cars should be banned too for the same reason, vehicles should be preceded by an armed person, carrying a red flag to warn all banned persons to seek shelter. Things would be much better then, I think...

All shop windows should be painted Matt black to avoid reflections etc.,

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.