I have tried both windows essentials and malwarebytes. They keep missing the virus. anything else?

What characteristics of your computer make you believe it is a virus? You need to be more specific for us to answer your question.

• Enigma

Any anti-virus from Microsoft is sub-standard. Uninstall it and get one of these free anti-virus: Avast,Avira,AVG,Kaspersky,Panda Security,or 360 Total Security.

If you have a virus, return the machine to factory settings and get a proper antivirus

• David

Plenty of other choices, MSE (microsoft security essentials) isn't a great AV anyway

Try AVAST, AVG , Bitdefender - all have free versions

Maybe you should have checked some extra boxes for malwarebytes to scan those.

There's software from the same people that made Malwarebytes called ADWcleaner,

It will remove any malicious software from your web browsers.

Download link

https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/adwcleaner

I seriously doubt Malwarebytes did not miss any viruses. It seems to work for me when my computer was infested was porn advertisements.