PS4 Dualshock controller issues, remote not connecting wirelessly after connecting it to my PC ages ago. HELP!?

I'm getting so irritated with this. Ages ago I connected my PS4 Dualshock controller to my laptop for a game, that laptop broke and had to go to the trash so I never had a chance to fully disconnect it from the PC. Whether that ties in to why it's not working or not I don't know but thought I'd... show more I'm getting so irritated with this.

Ages ago I connected my PS4 Dualshock controller to my laptop for a game, that laptop broke and had to go to the trash so I never had a chance to fully disconnect it from the PC. Whether that ties in to why it's not working or not I don't know but thought I'd note it just in case. Anyway, after that I tried turning my PS4 on with the controller wirelessly, it didn't work. So, I connected it with the USB and pressed the button on the controller, didn't work. I had to walk over to my PS4 console and press the button to turn it on. Once the PS4 turns on and my controllers plugged in by USB it'll start flashing orange over and over, then I press the PS4 button on the controller and it'll connect. But, whenever I take out the USB wire to use it wirelessly it disconnects again and I have to redo the entire process.

I've tried resetting the controller, I've tried restoring the system default settings and repairing the controller, NONE OF IT IS WORKING. The only way I can use my controller now is by plugging it in with a long USB wire which defeats the purpose of it being 'wireless'. Someone for the love of god please help. I've tried PS4's help system, that didn't help at all. It's what suggested resetting the PS4 to it's default settings. As I said, didn't help. I tried repairing it with the original USB controller wire they give you, that didn't change a thing. I've literally searched the internet for hours trying to fix this.
Update: I've also had an issue after connecting the controller with a USB, it'll flash orange and then I'll press the PS4 button on the controller to connect it via the USB wire and then the light will flash white a few times and then go back to being off or blinking orange. This is so frustrating.
0