What is the best database admin interface for startups?

We are looking for an out-of-the-box admin interface that helps our team to easily manage database records without having to write any SQL queries. It should be something like phpmyadmin just more intuitive for non-tech-focussed people. More specifically, we have customers that place orders through our website and our team has to manually change some properties of those orders in the database.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Sometime people use databases when Windows Excel can actually do a better job - ask the question do you need a backend database?

• 6 months ago

machine language.....................................

• 6 months ago

Phymyadmin is a good one.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I have used phpmyadmin, but that's not the only option that I have.

Me explaining the other option would be like me talking to a dog. Sometimes I speak with dogs, and they do what I say. Their level of intelligence is not high, so they listen to me, and I speak in a childish way to them. My point is they won't understand me if I speak differently to them. I don't think they would care, and maybe they might walk away from me.

I am really sorry, but I think your team is setting up, for failure.

I realize non tech people want to use something to manage a database that's easier than phpmyadmin, but don't you think that's a stupid decision to make?

In other words I think you are trying to put the wrong person, or people in charge of something that he, or she doesn't understand.

Frankly I don't care if the startups falls apart, and yes, I can imagine it falling apart.

I am going to try to be nice. and say whoever wants to manage a database that's part of your team should put a cone on his, or her head that says stupid on it.

I think you noticed how I am speaking with you right, but what I am not doing is speaking in a way that you want to read, and are able to understand. Because that's not realistic. FYI....I am holding back, so hopefully you can understand me.

If I meet someone who can challenge me then I will speak in a different way, and it won't be like how I am speaking here.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

So you have a store. Growing? Expanding? You already need a guy for tech support.

• Lv 7
    6 months ago

actually, phpmyadmin is VERY simple compared to the command line you would normally have to use.

what is so hard about point-and-click? i don't think it gets much easier than that.

of course, there are SOME things that are hard to do in databases, even WITH an "easy mode".

i strongly recommend you have your "database admins" take a course on Lynda.com, which has video guides for learning...EVERYTHING, including phpmyadmin. it may help take the mystery out of it. LEARNING is never a bad thing...

and honestly, people who don't know what they're doing shouldn't be poking around in a database anyways. you cannot idiot proof such a system. i've tried.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Hire a programmer. The money you spend on people updating orders in the database could be better spent on a developer (contracted or permanent) who can set up an interface for your staff.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

just call the police on her

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.