What is the best database admin interface for startups?

We are looking for an out-of-the-box admin interface that helps our team to easily manage database records without having to write any SQL queries. It should be something like phpmyadmin just more intuitive for non-tech-focussed people. More specifically, we have customers that place orders through our website and our team has to manually change some properties of those orders in the database.

Sometime people use databases when Windows Excel can actually do a better job - ask the question do you need a backend database?

machine language.....................................

Phymyadmin is a good one.

I have used phpmyadmin, but that's not the only option that I have.

Me explaining the other option would be like me talking to a dog. Sometimes I speak with dogs, and they do what I say. Their level of intelligence is not high, so they listen to me, and I speak in a childish way to them. My point is they won't understand me if I speak differently to them. I don't think they would care, and maybe they might walk away from me.

I am really sorry, but I think your team is setting up, for failure.

I realize non tech people want to use something to manage a database that's easier than phpmyadmin, but don't you think that's a stupid decision to make?

In other words I think you are trying to put the wrong person, or people in charge of something that he, or she doesn't understand.

Frankly I don't care if the startups falls apart, and yes, I can imagine it falling apart.

I am going to try to be nice. and say whoever wants to manage a database that's part of your team should put a cone on his, or her head that says stupid on it.

I think you noticed how I am speaking with you right, but what I am not doing is speaking in a way that you want to read, and are able to understand. Because that's not realistic. FYI....I am holding back, so hopefully you can understand me.

If I meet someone who can challenge me then I will speak in a different way, and it won't be like how I am speaking here.

• keerok

So you have a store. Growing? Expanding? You already need a guy for tech support.

• Lv 7

actually, phpmyadmin is VERY simple compared to the command line you would normally have to use.

what is so hard about point-and-click? i don't think it gets much easier than that.

of course, there are SOME things that are hard to do in databases, even WITH an "easy mode".

i strongly recommend you have your "database admins" take a course on Lynda.com, which has video guides for learning...EVERYTHING, including phpmyadmin. it may help take the mystery out of it. LEARNING is never a bad thing...

and honestly, people who don't know what they're doing shouldn't be poking around in a database anyways. you cannot idiot proof such a system. i've tried.

Hire a programmer. The money you spend on people updating orders in the database could be better spent on a developer (contracted or permanent) who can set up an interface for your staff.

just call the police on her