Wasp sting, is this normal or should I seek medical attention?

A wasp stung me 2 days ago. I pulled the stinger out as it got stuck in my skin. I immediately had pain and swelling. The next day swelling decreases a little. However today the swelling is worse along with redness, itching, throbbing and its hot. I was stung on my ring finger. I can feel the itchiness on my middle and pinky finger as well as my palm. It s also a little purple. I cant bend my finger due to swelling and pain. Is this normal? I took benedryl but didnt seem to help as well as I expected. Not sure if I should worry or what I should.

That was a bee if it left the sting behind. Bee stings are more painful than wasps so it takes a few days.

You got stung by a bee. Wasps don't leave the sting behind.

If you're OK apart from some itching all a doctor will do is say go away and come back in a few days if it hasn't cleared up.

• y

I'm sorry, you got stung two days ago and it is still giving you issues. I have never seen that. I have been stung by many different things many many different times. The first few hours there may be some discomfort, may even be some swelling 24 hours later. But never, a couple of days later, were any of them ever getting worse. I'd call my doc and see what they have to say as opposed to places like this. If it was my kid I'd be calling my doc and asking if I should bring the kid in.

Yes, it's normal. Don't worry. You'll be fine.

Yes pretty normal where it is probably makes it look and feel worse as to constant movement.

• Tavy

See your Doctor especially if your arm becomes red.

This is what it looks like. I'll try benedryl again.

If I had an injury that was getting worse and not responding to home treatment I would go see a doctor. Injuries to fingers can be problematic.