Do you know of any places that let you rent a type writer in South Wales UK?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Heike
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

Try Googling Gumtree Cardiff or Swansea

• Toruko
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

The only source of manufactured manual typewriter ink tapes known to me are

available by order from India. Ditto, portable typewriters, for travel carry. The

non-electric are typically valued as antiques within the UK. That's a luxury.

• TSK
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

In 2019? Think nowhere...

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Very unlikely as they are redundant now the PC is here........ best option is to look in charity shops or on gumtree to see if anyone is selling them, they will be very cheap

• John P
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Indeed any charity shop would love you to buy any typewriter they have for just a few pounds!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

Not seen a typewriter for years what do you think a PC is for.

• 4 months ago

Nowhere in South Wales that I have found.

https://www.londontypewriters.co.uk/typewriter-hir...

• Ludwig
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

You cannot rent a 'typewriter' as nobody makes them any more. Or typewriter ribbons.

• John P
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Try a few charity shops. I am sure they would be glad to offload any typewriters they have in stock for a few pounds! If you want to type a doc, most libraries have computers you can use for an hour or two (free!), and will print for 10p or so.

• pmt853
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

No, no I do not and I doubt there are any such places. You can probably buy a typewriter for £5-10. Try Splott Market or the Pump House in Cardiff or your local charity shops.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

They are no longer used these days. You mind find one in a charity shop.

• 4 months ago

Typewriters have been replaced by computers

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.