Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 3 months ago

Sudden vision loss in my right eye?

So I was going to unplug something from my computer, and while I was doing that I hit my head on my desk. I didn’t hit it terribly hard but after getting back up I started to see stars. Then all of the sudden I had this loss of vision in my right eye, almost like when you look at the sun or a bright light and it seems kind of foggy. I was still able to see and stuff. It quickly went away though and I seem fine now, I’m just anxious. I do have anxiety disorder and I’m only 16. Do you think it’s serious? Thanks.

• D_21

Probably not. Especially since it went away. If you feel fine now and that continues...you're probably fine.

I would go to the emergency room just in case your retina is torn. Don't mess with your sight. It may have just been some of the vitreous detaching due to the blow, which in itself is my alarming than serious, but the vitreous as it pulls away can tug on the retina, and the doctors do like to check to be on the safe side.

To to a doctor..........

See an eye doctor ASAP or go to an emergency room i’m So sorry love :(

i would tell your parents so they can take you to the doctors and get it checked out

• Elaine

The smartest thing you can do is see an eye doctor to make sure that no lasting damage has been done. Any injury to the head should not be ignored.