What is this Spot on my back?

have had it for 6+ years, its super hard, shiny and raised...Doesn t itch or hurt unless messed with. Doesn t look like a black head based on Google images, and like nothing else I have seen either with research. If its non harmful then cool, but if it needs to be removed or someone knows what this is then I would appreciate the assistance!

Duh ah target - I win

• LAN

If you've had it six years and never been concerned enough to see a doctor about it why should anyone else worry about it? Grow up.

• Pippin

Surely you've been to the doctor at least once in the past 6 years. What did she say when you asked about it?

It could just be a raised mole. But since you're concerned about it, go see a dermatologist and get it looked at. He/she may choose to remove it (a simple in-office procedure; they numb the skin so that you feel no pain) and have it tested (which is pretty standard). If it turns out to be just a mole, then you're home free.

My family doctor dealt with mine.

go see your doctor about it and ask him what it is

A mole. Common.

As long as it does not change shape you are fine.

If it becomes irregular, it might mean CANCER, and you are Dead or Dying.