Tatty
Tatty asked in SportsFootballScottish Football · 6 months ago

Anyone else been surprised at just how well Celtic have started the campaign.?

Got to say I am. I never expected this from Lennons sides.Maybe I was wrong, hopefully I am.

There definitely seems more urgency and enthusiasm about them under Lennon, they were looking decidedly stale under Rodgers.

Favorite Answer

Ok fair play that you admit you were wrong about Lennon, and yes I realise it is early days things could change. I have to admit although I was a big advocate of the Lennon appointment even i am a bit surprised how good on the eye the team are, a joy to watch in fact. I think I seen a stat saying it took Rodgers team 9 domestic games last season to score 12 goals, we've done it in 2 games under Neil Lennon this season. Although we have defensive issues that will need to be addressed, we have so many attacking options who can score goals we should be able to blow away any opposition in Scotland, if they score 1 we will score 2. Although that will not work against quality European opposition. I thought Jullien's role in Motherwell's second was extremely poor, I expect a £7 million CB to challenge for the ball a lot better than than he showed, in fact I would barely call it a challenge.

Lennon has returned to Celtic a better manager. Lennon's distractors will point to a disappointing time at Bolton but if you 'look under the bonnet' there are many valid reason why things didnt go well for him at Bolton, a well publicised financial meltdown being one of them, however as we know bitter huns will choose to ignore this and try to put it down as bad management by Neil Lennon. He did a good job at Hibs and improved their position greatly from what it was when he took over. He was a rookie manager when he took over Celtic last time, he is no rookie manager now.

Im loving the style of play too, far more direct and purposeful. I get that Rodgers was trying to play a possession game and described continually playing the ball around the defence and central midfield ad nauseam as 'recycling the ball'. To rest of us it was known as 'going nowhere fast'.

Im too old for having genuine heroes or idolizing people but the thought of Neil Lennon being the man to guide us to 9 and then 10 in a row inspires me. For what the man has achieved and what he has had to endure while doing it, there is no better man to be at the helm in these rare times.

• Tatty

what they had done, rather than what they were doing.

I have to admit though, I've not been impressed with the signings, either when we made them or now in the flesh. IMO it's guys like Christie & Griffiths coming back & the added enthusiasm of the whole team, that's been the best new signing.

I don't. Celtic simply has the best team in Scotland (and the only good team).

• F

7-0 and 5-2 and Rangers winning 6-0. Nice to see the SPL is as competitive as ever.

I am not in the least bit surprised, they know Rangers are getting stronger so have to be at the top of their game if they are going to win 9 in a row...

I have been if I'm honest because he didn't finish the season strongly last year and the huns beat Celtic twice under him, he limped over the line by 9 points when Rogers had Celtic way in front before he fcucked off to the tan league, long may this form continue and hopefully there is CL football coming to paradise

• dunny

I think he is a better manager than last time he was here Tatty

• Ryan

I think rodgers jumping ship could be used as ammunition. He wasn't prepared to entertain loan players like Weah and Burke. Done some good business inthe market. But I'm just as surprised

• Maggie

You've only played St Johnstone and Motherwell, wait til you're up against a better team.

Maybe not...............