Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 7 months ago

Is this CAPTCHA software really a good idea?

It just gave me a picture of a semi truck and told me it was a bus!

34 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

NO, because there is still spam on here and it aint necessary for every bleepin question or answer. How about only we log in, then maybe every 10th time?

• 7 months ago

Yes, those annoying CAPTCHAs are actually being used to help digitalise decades of old texts — books, magazines and newspapers — that scanning programs struggle to decipher.

The reason the words are blurry or warped isn’t to test your patience; these are taken from scanned texts, which are often mistranslated by auto-digitising programs — or optical character recognition (OCR) software if you wish to get technical. http://womensbeautyoffers.com/

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Half the time you can't even see the pictures never mind figure out what they are. No wonder so many are leaving the site.

Lv 7
    7 months ago

it's not a bad idea, but it's far from perfect in it's programming of images.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Cory
    Lv 5
    7 months ago

Yes it helps weed out the bots.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Yeah I approve of it. Sad we need it but it does help some.

• 7 months ago

No, not really.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

A motorhome is also not a bus

• Ba7 months agoReport

I've had that one.

• 7 months ago

Remember a year ago when Y/A was overrun with Chinese language spam posts? You seeing those anymore? That's what CAPTCHA is for.

• 7 months ago

I am getting a degree in identifying crosswalks, bridges, hills, buses, cars and bicycles.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.