whats the difference between a core i5 3570 and a core i5 3570k and also a core i5 3570S?

What are the differences between them and which one should i choose for gaming with ultra settings... and video editing on adobe premiere... i have the 1050ti with 16gb of ram and fitted with an ssd

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

lol, performance optimized. Guess Intel will call it anything that sounds good. The principal to understand is higher power consumption leads to more waste heat that needs to be dissipated. It also helps to understand that all Processors and Graphics cards have a TDP rating which relates to the recommended cooling solution.

The "S" suffix means it has a lower clock speed which gives the CPU a lower TDP and it consumes less power. Thus, the "S" version can be used in a smaller tower which would normally have trouble with heat dissipation.

There is also the "T" suffix which mean an even lower clock speed, lower TDP, and less power consumption.

The "K" suffix means the CPU has an unlocked multiplier for overclocking, when combined with a motherboard that has an unlocked multiplier. In recent times the "K" version of a CPU generally comes with a higher clock speed. For example, the Core i7-4790k has a higher clock speed than that of the Core i7-4790.

• 6 months ago

"What are the differences between them"

K = unlocked multiplier, the CPU can be overclocked

S= low wattage, Base clock speed is lower, it's 65W part vs.77W for the other two, cannot be overclocked

no letter = standard model, cannot be overclocked

"and which one should i choose for gaming with ultra settings."

None of the CPU's you listed will be ideal for ultra settings on newer games. They are 7 year old CPUs.

"and video editing on adobe premiere."

None of the CPU's you listed will be ideal for video editing, they only have four physical cores and no hyperthreading.

"i have the 1050ti with 16gb of ram and fitted with an ssd"

The GTX 1050ti is not going to get you ultra detail in most newer games.

• jj
    Lv 5
    7 months ago

Do you have an IVY Bridge compatible motherboard? If not why are you comparing Intel I5 2012 processors?

• Fred
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

S means the CPU is "performance optimized" (whatever that means) and K means that it is unlocked.

These are 3rd generation processors that were introduced in the 2nd quarter of 2012. 9th generation processors are the latest.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.