Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesNew York City · 4 months ago

Why do some rich people choose to live in New York City?

Why don't they move to a place with warm weather? Like Florida. If I had money to move I definately would not want to live in NYC and freeze to death.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

Because it is an interesting place to live. There is a lot of stuff to do as far as entertainment,media, arts and culture, work/jobs available, nature/beaches, forests outside of NYC (in the summer). There is a change of seasons which is nice, and its not too extreme like the midwestern United States like Chicago or Minneapolis for example which is really cold in the winter. As for Florida... That place is only nice if you live within two to five miles of the coast line otherwise its quite its not so nice. Its hot humid. Huge Bugs /Coachroaches... Florida is mostly overdeveloped and overcrowded. Rich people usually buy homes Southern Florida and in the Caribbean.

• 4 months ago

Some of them are “snowbirds”. They go down to Florida in the winter. If you have enough money you can do that

• DON W
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

The very wealthy have homes in many cities, such as Palm Beach, New York City, etc. Look at our president, who has a skyscraper apartment in a New York tower that his company owns, and a mansion in Palm Beach.

The very wealthy don't mind having most of their residences empty at a given time, with only a caretaker checking that it's in good shape.

• 4 months ago

If working that's where the money is.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • A C
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

The heat and humidity in Florida is a bummer.

• Mike
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

What's the difference between living in a cold climate and having to stay in a heated house, and living in a hot climate and having to stay in an air conditioned house? In NY, if you want to see an alligator or a python, you have to go to the zoo.

• drip
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

I’d rather deal with one season of cold and snow than a year of high humidity, mugginess, high temperatures, awful bugs and spontaneous drenching rain falls.

Not to mention that NYC is full of theater, music, art, museums, culture. Large businesses, jobs, great public transportation

• 4 months ago

its nice in the spring summer and autumn

• Marduk
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

If they are rich, they live inside with heat! If they are poor, they live outside over a grate!

• ?
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Nothing better then four distinct seasons. Coats, boots, sweaters are a lot of fun. I lived in Florida for 10 years, the first few years are great but, the no seasonal change gets monotonous.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.