Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelEurope (Continental)Other - Europe · 1 year ago

Has anyone ever been to Malta for a holiday? I have some questions to ask?

Firstly, how long would you say is enough time to spend there? I am going on Tuesday 3 September and I want to come back on Friday 6 September. Do you think that’s enough time or too short?

Also, do you know if Malta has good public transport links or do you need taxis and cars to get around?

And what are the top 6 activities/historical sites would you recommend me to visit ?

• 1 year ago

I went to Malta a few years ago and loved it. A week would be better, but you can see a few things in a few days.

We were lucky and were self catering in St Pauls Bay. Outside the complex was a bus stop which took us to Valetta (the capital) and from there, almost anywhere in the island. We didn't need taxis or to hire a car.

I recommend the Catacombs of St Paul and St Agatha (next to each other),

Mdina - the Silent City (although not so silent as there were lots of road works going on when we were there!)

Valetta - the Capital - for browsing the shops, but if you are interested in WW2, there is the Malta Experience,/ National War Museum, and various churches and cathedrals.

If you are interested in Archaeology, there are plenty of small sites. I wouldn't bother with Gozo on such a short trip.

If you like bread and butter, they make the best!

1 year ago

I think it is a bit short, but workable.

Top sites are Valetta/The Three Cities

Mdina/Rabat

Blue Grotto

Get the ferry to Gozo

The bus service is excellent, especially if you base yourself in/or close to Valetta near the bus station.

• 1 year ago

- I have been twice over the years

Firstly, how long would you say is enough time to spend there?

- unless you want to spend days just sat on the beach, then a week max is enough

I am going on Tuesday 3 September and I want to come back on Friday 6 September. Do you think that’s enough time or too short?

- too short. Think about it. You travel Tuesday - so how much time you have left on tues depends on your flight times... So if you intend to travel home Friday, you only have Weds and Thursday as full days there.

If you count Tuesday out, when you want at least 4 or 5 full days there.. so return home on the sunday or the Monday at the earliest

- Malta is a small island and HAD a reasonable bus service. Or you can book on organised trips

- Valletta - Silent City

- Get the boat over to Goza or Comino

- Blue Grotto

That's 3 days out, so if you have a lazy beach / pool day or two you are covered