Cory
Lv 5
Cory asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 7 months ago

If Yahoo claims I violated a rule, why won’t they say what rule I violated?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

I know!!! It did that to me too!! But then, somehow I logged in one day and my question that supposedly "violated" their rules was back!

• 7 months ago

They won't get into specifics because of legal reasons, but you should be able to see what the violation was. There are no claims when it comes to violations. Users reported you for violating the TOS and CG. You could also read up on the rules to help you stay out of trouble in the future.

• Cory
      Lv 5
      7 months agoReport

How can i figure out what i did if they wont even tell me what question, comment, or answer was offensive?

• Snoopy
    Lv 5
    7 months ago

Just respond back and say you haven't violated any rules.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Violation Notices are Broken Currently and they are not Required to tell you what Rule you Broke

If you Read there Rules you may be able to Figure out which one it was

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Yahoo NEVER "claims". Deletions are the automated result of REPORTS, and the Y!A-computer isn't smart enough to determine whether or how you violated the guidelines.

If you want to know why something was reported, post a "why was this reported? " in the answers-category, and QUOTE the question (and answer if that got deleted) VERBATIM in the details-box.

• Cory
      Lv 5
      7 months agoReport

Well i received an email from Yahoo saying so.

• 7 months ago

Because the current owners of Yahoo don't care one little bit about supporting any Yahoo properties.

It USED TO BE that if a question or answer posted here were removed for a violation, the person who posted it would get a notification e-mail and have the right to appeal the deletion. Many times, the appeal was accepted, and the deleted question or answer was restored, along with the points lost in the process.

They don't bother to do any of that anymore. Yahoo. SUX.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Because at least 80% of report cases on Yahoo Answers is a false report handed out by conservatards.

• 7 months ago

No need to do that. Just look it up yourself. https://answers.yahoo.com/info/community_guideline...

Also Yahoo never "claims" you violated a rule your content is simply gone.

• ...Show all comments
    • Diane A
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

lots of phishing have the Yahoo logo, which actually doesnt really exist anymore. I would be very suspicious of this and delete it

Lv 7
    7 months ago

Notification emails haven't been sent out regularly in the past couple of years, for post removals. Even when they were, the reason given is almost always because one or more users reported your content. Well duh! That's the ONLY way content gets removed, so it's not helpful at all. To be specific would require human eyes to review EVERY SINGLE post that gets removed, to be able to select from a list of possible violations. That would require a number of employees due to the volume of post removals. Even Yahoo wasn't willing to spend that kind of money on the site, and Verizon seems inclined to spend even less (which is probably why we aren't notified of post removals anymore...so it's unlikely we'll appeal, because appeals need human eyes to review them).

You CAN post the exact text of your question or answer that was removed, in this subcategory (Yahoo Products>Yahoo Answers) and ask "Was this post a violation?" and the users here can tell you if it was (and why) or if it wasn't.

There are a LOT of posts on the site now that are chat (not knowledge seeking) and are violations, but many of them don't get reported enough to be taken down. Those are a common violation that a lot of users (esp new ones) don't realize are violations, since they are usually not insulting or offensive.

Think of it this way - the site was created to be a repository of knowledge and experience, for people to ask questions or for others to come here and peruse to find the information they were seeking. If your post isn't something that will get answers that may help other people too, then y our post is probably a violation.

• ...Show all comments
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

I can't help you with that, sorry. Some users have begun taking screen shots of their posts so they can appeal if the post is removed.

• Teva
    Lv 4
    7 months ago

Here's how it works. If you post a question that people don't like, or post a reply that goes against what someone else thinks, someone will report your question for violating the terms of service. Then the complaint is dealt with automatically and you receive a warning. Dare to do it again and your account will be closed.

Remember, there is no such thing as free speech on yahoo answers, that's why people go anonymous.

• ...Show all comments
    • Cory
      Lv 5
      7 months agoReport

You calling me a liar. How else do you think i new i commited a violation?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.