Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareOther - Hardware · 7 months ago

Do left handed people use a computer mouse with their left hand?

Update:

i'm left handed but i want to know if i'm doing it wrong.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

My brother is left-handed and he always uses the mouse with his right hand. Whatever is the most comfortable for you is the "right" way.

• 7 months ago

Change mouse settings

Open Mouse Properties by clicking the Start button The Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type mouse, and then click Mouse.

Click the Buttons tab, and then do any of the following:

To swap the functions of the right and left mouse buttons, under Button configuration, select the Switch primary and secondary buttons check box.

To change how quickly you must click the buttons to perform a double-click, under Double-click speed, move the Speed slider toward Slow or Fast.

To turn on ClickLock, which enables you to highlight or drag items without holding down the mouse button, under ClickLock, select the Turn on ClickLock check box.

• 7 months ago

Personally no but that’s just because I’ve been assimilated into right culture.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

They can set it up that way if they want. My left-handed dad didn't bother doing so though and just used the mouse on the right, too much clutter on his left side.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Bill-M
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Yes, the do. They use a Left Hand Mouse.. There are settings in Control Panel > Mouse that will switch the two buttons.

• 7 months ago

You can switch the mouse for left-handed use or for right-handed use. Just switch the two side buttons, in the control panel.

• 7 months ago

Some do, some don't. Personally, I write left-handed but do everything else right-handed including using the mouse.

• Dick
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

I'm the same way. Years ago we were chatting about being left handed and I explained to the person that I eat, write, and brush my teeth left handed but I do everything else right handed. So I throw a ball, bat, swing a golf club, etc., etc., etc. right handed. He called me a "sit down lefty"!

• opurt
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Some do, and some don't. I'm a lefty but I've always used a mouse right-handed. I use touchpads with my left though. There's no "wrong", do what feels comfortable.

Using a mouse righty made more sense when I started because I was doing desktop support, and everyone else's mouse was on the right so I got used to it. Plus it made it easy to take notes writing with my left hand while clicking on stuff with my right.

• 7 months ago

Yip. They are LEFT-handed.

Peace.

• garbo7441
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

Spoken like a true moron...

• Jeff S
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Yes because most computer mouses are wireless nowadays.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.