Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 7 months ago

Seniors, have you ever had a situation where a teen tried to order you around & tell you what to do? How do you handle it?

Favorite Answer

It if happens, it will be brief. If it keeps happening, someone is going to get slapped or punched! I don't takeshit off anyone! ESPECIALLY from kids!

No such time comes to mind. Sometimes, people are trying to be helpful, but that's not the same. I often don't even correct people who perceive me as less than I am.

• drip

No, that has never happened to me.

• Peggy

It hasn't happened to me but if it did I think I'd say "You show me first and I might need to be shown several times because I need patience because of my age"

When the person becomes impatient having to show you several times say to that person "there are things that you don't know also, such as the meaning of patience".

I go somewhere else. Lots of people = lots of trouble. Few people = some trouble. No people = no trouble.

• Snid

A couple of times. I just nod and play along and smile. One time I told the girl off. She was way off base about what she was saying. A know it all, in fact. Only she didn't.

• PAMELA

I would never let a teen order me to do anything, that would not happen to me.

• RICK

Agreed, they would get an immideate and severe dressing down

I ignore it, because if you respond, they'll just keep doing it.

No. I have had someone half my age trying to be cute. I ignore them.

i’m a teen and i haven’t oedered around a grandma