Can someone explain to me why the hell keyboard manufacturers have stopped putting notches on asdw keys?

I went into Bestbuy today and NOT one of the keyboards not even $200 keyboards have the bumps on the asdw keys. It made me so furious my head wanted to explode! Millions of gamers who use these kewy to move and they stopped putting feel indicators on the god damn keys! I game in the dark! So asinine my head wants to explode!

• Fulano

I've never seen notches on the WASD keys either, it must be a very specialized thing.

I guess they just moved to the backlit keys so you can see where the keys are in the dark.

I usually just find the F key then move over one notch from that, but then again I usually set up my game's keys so I don't have to move my hand from WASD while playing.

• Andy T

They used to put some stuff on the wasd keys? You go over a corner and cry, no one's problem as far as I can tell.

Almost no one, can touch-type anymore.

There's always a notch in the F key, find that and you'll know where to place your fingers, no problem at all, even when the only light in the room comes from a dimly lit cave in the monitor.

First of all, calm the **** down, bud. You sound like a spoiled brat.

Second of all, besides really high end, SPECIALTY gaming keyboards, I've never seen anyone bother putting bumps on those keys. Sounds dumb that people would need that. I game casually, and I've never needed those. I'm not an idiot. I know where the keys are just from knowing where my hands are on the keyboard. Duh. Plus, there are a lot of gaming keyboards that have backlights these days or those keys have different colored keycaps. If you need anything else, you can try nail polish or glue or something to give them the weird little bumps you need. I still don't see why you'd need that, though. Otherwise, I think you're out of luck.

• opurt

Aside from specialty gaming keyboards, those keys never have bumps on them, and even on gaming keyboards the keys are usually just coloured differently. The only keys I've ever seen with bumps are the F & J keys for touch typists.

If you really need an indicator for where to put your fingers, you can add the bumps yourself or buy your own keycaps.

• keerok

Why? Because there are billions of non-games who find those bumps annoying!

put a tiny blob of glue on the keys you want with 'bumps' and let it set. Then you'll be happier again. Try to control your frustrations on forums, it's not our fault you have a problem!

• Starrysky

Hold keyboard upside down to make glue spot make a bump instead of flattening out.

That's not my problem.

• Robert7 months agoReport

Then why are you even answering