Best Hotel Discount rates for Seniors, AAA or AARP?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • RP
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

It depends on the hotel chain. There is no consistency across brands.

• 12 months ago

I've found that at the moderately-priced places I stay at, rates are completely discretionary, and if there is a discount, it will be the same no matter what qualification one has (unless they are associated with the particular chain, like they are an employee of Hilton, for example). I can walk up to a Motel 6 that says $49 a night on the sign, and that's already the discounted rate from their list price. Being a Senior over 60 technically gets a discount, but that only brings the full price down to $49. Same with military, AAA, or whatever else one may have.

• 1 year ago

READ THE LITERATURE FROM THOSE COMPANIES TO FIND OUT..

• Ti
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

The discounts are the same, 10% off of the rack rates. In some places that is NOT the best rates.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Either provide good discounts rated, usually 10-15%

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

AARP usually has the higher discounts, but it depends on the hotel or motel you're staying at. The Days Inn chain offers a 20% discount on room rates to seniors. All they have to do is show their card at check-in.

• Eva
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

They are usually equal.

• rick
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

My lady friend calls for reservations asking for AAA or AARP rates. I cold call. We both get the same rates. It's a rip-off. Cold call, get a rate, and then ask for a senior discount. Maybe 10% of the time you will get a couple of dollars knocked off.

Source(s): 40 years in the travel industry
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.