I need help booking a flight & hotel to attend a basic training graduation.?

I need help booking a flight & hotel to attend a basic training graduation. I live in Georgia & my family member is graduating from basic training in Fort Sill, Oklahoma in about 3 weeks. I have never flown anywhere. I know that I need a round trip ticket and a hotel. I looked on a website for Fort Sill but it really didn’t help much. Any advice?

• MS
    1 year ago

You are going to want to fly into Lawton to get closest to Fort Sill, but that might be an expensive airport to use. That is likely where your hotel will be located too. It's about 20 miles from Fort Sill, so you will probably want a rental car unless you'll have other transportation there.

Other airports in the vicinity include Wichita Falls (about 60 miles) and Oklahoma City (about 80 miles).

1 year ago

Very easy to do online.

1 year ago

Go to Expedia, Kayak or one of the other hundreds of travel booking sites.

• 1 year ago

This is not rocket science. Use a travel site such as Expedia or Trivago.

• Mrsjvb
    1 year ago

That’s what travel agents are for. 3 weeks out however, prepare to pay a lot for the plane ticket and not have many options for a hotel nearby. As in the only ones may be $200 or more a night

• y
    1 year ago

Lawton. that is where you'll look for lodging, unless it has changed drastically. I'd have a reputable travel agent book it, some parts of the town you do not want to see.

As far as the flight, you'll probably go in and out of Dallas to get up into Oklahoma. You'll also probably need to rent a car to get from the airport to Lawton.

• 1 year ago

Go to a travel agent . That is what they do. I know a lot of people book online, but I would rather have an exprt do it for me.