Fellow Seniors: What advice would you give your younger self? Any avoidable regrets?

Me: Don't ve so stingy or self-conscious with hugs.

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Go to (and complete) college right out of HS. Take a major in a field that will be around for many years like engineering, an accountant, an architect, etc.

Learn to be a good listener early in life

Save money and invest smartly

Buy a decent home as early in life as possible, as much as I could possibly afford.

Give all people a chance, even if they're a different social class, different IQ level, different type of personality, or people who have made mistakes all can add value to your life, even if you only keep them as distant relationships.

Stay on the good side of all family members. Ignore their moments.

Go for a wife that has a great personality over looks.

Be frugal, save, but have fun in life, if that means buying a surf board, go ahead, have fun.

Make a goal list every 5 years with goals for 6 mos, 1 yr, and 5 yrs

Have fun!

• nappa
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Finish college is mine

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Don't quit college

Buy a house & houses sooner

Don't ever smoke cigarettes

• 6 months ago

Even though you may hate it, save money. Be very honest and read the New Testament. Read and travel a lot. Keep your passport current. Speak your mind politely. Understand that life on Earth is only kindergarten and God has lots more for us in Heaven. Do not buy, rent. Never marry, the world is overpopulated and your kids aren't going to make it better, much as you'd like to think otherwise. No drinking or drugs. Prayer works, be careful!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 7 months ago

DO NOT LET MRB GET AWAY!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Stay single and date

Eat yummy food each day

Other than that no regrets-each day brought me to where I am today

Did I say-don't get married-it's a prison

That you have to pay big time to get out of

• 7 months ago

Don't be some one else's sidekick, you learn more by talking less and look for an occupation that pays off big when you retire and stick with it.

• 7 months ago

Don't drink and do drugs. Eat less junk food. Read the New Testament. Find a good church to attend. Pray about everything. Trust God.

• Dick
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Avoid religion. It's a scam. Get an education. Trump can't take THAT away from you.

• JASON
    Lv 5
    7 months ago

Time waits for no man.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.