How do I tell my mom that I want to get married?

I’m 20 & my mom is literally my only friend. I want to get married. Like she doesn’t even know that I’m engaged. I just don’t know how to tell her. I know I should have a conversation with her but how would I start it off

• 1 year ago

If you believe you are mature enough to make the decision to get married you should be able to tell your parent what is going on in your life specially if she is a good friend as well as your parent.

• 1 year ago

Old lady checking in here. If you aren't comfortable telling your Mother that you are in love, engaged and soon to wed..... then you likely aren't actually ready or old enough to do so. Opps.

• 1 year ago

You're a focking adult.. You say "Mom, I'm engaged! We're planning to get married next summer". It's not focking rocket science..

• 1 year ago

Usually that is something parents and children cellebrate together. Something is wrong with your relationship when you hide it from the people you know and trust. But assuming you want to break the news together then ask your Mom what she thinks you should do to comemorate this event of you being engaged.

• i + i
    1 year ago

If you can't talk as a mature adult

with your mom, you are in no way

ready to be getting married.

• 1 year ago

well you started your reltionship without your mom knowing, maybe you can keep it going until after the divorce