Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetGoogle · 6 months ago

What do I need to claim to get all of my gross amount on my check?

Just curious

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

If your wages come from an employer from say a factory. The employer has to pay part of the costs as well, so you are paying the other part of UIC, Welfare or SSI and/or WCB and if you are in a country where you have Medicare for all...then a few bucks go towards that and a portion toward income taxes(bit by bit) so you do not get hit with a massive tax bill at tax time of money you owe the government. There may also be Union dues and other deductions...depending where you are and who you work for. You can't get it. It is refunded to you if they say fire you.(in a couple of months) That is why you only get NET.

• zipper
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

There is nothing, if you claim a false issue and the IRS learns of it you will be paying tax plus fines or prison time>

• 6 months ago

You cannot get all of your gross amount. They must withhold some tax.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

you can't.................

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

You will never get it all. Even if you don't owe Federal Taxes you have to pay Social Security Taxes/Fica etc.

• 6 months ago

A miracle that is not going to happen

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Impossible.

Even if you claimed you were exempt from federal income tax, there will still be deductions for social security/medicare tax, industrial insurance and whatever other deductions you might be subject to such as your portion of your medical insurance premium.

• 6 months ago

Not be liable for any taxes, including SS and medicare. You will basically always be liable for FICA taxes. If you make enough, you will be liable for state and federal income taxes.

Sp basically, you cannot.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

That’s not possible. Social security, FICA and some other things will always be taken out.

• 6 months ago

You can't actually do that. There will always be some amount taken out for FICA( Social Security). You can reduce the amount of Federal taxes withheld by filing a new W-4 with your employer showing more allowances, but at the end of the year, you will likely owe the IRS money when you file. This is a situation you want to avoid at all costs, in my opinion. Owing taxes can become a very costly thing, more than the actual taxes that you owe due to penalties and interest that will accrue.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.