When should i call back an employer?

I went to a job interview last friday and the employer told me that he was going to call my reference to make sure everything was ok and then he was going to call me on tuesday to let me know if i was hired or not. It’s tuesday today and he hasn’t called yet. should i call him today myself or just wait and call him tomorrow?

Normally if they don't phone it's not ok but you can telephone as soon as possible.

Wait until Thursday to call. You can bet they'll call you if you got the job. You calling just confirms that you didn't.

• mom

I would wait until Wednesday and if they do not call, you may have to look for another job some place else

They will not forget you. They will not lose your number. If they want to talk to you, they will call.

NO. Sometimes, it can take up to 2-3 weeks to complete reference checks.

3 weeks from monday.

There is no reason for you to call him.

He has your contact information, knows you want the job and knows how to dial a phone. He will call you when he's good and ready (unless of course he doesn't).

There are many employers out there who will tell you that they are going to call you when they have no intention of doing so. It's stupid and rude, but it is what it is. No amount of pestering from you is going to change their mind about hiring you.

Just assume you didn't get the job until it's offered to you.

ETA: "he told me that if he didn’t end up calling me, that i should call him" Sorry, that means "I have no intention of calling you." You think when an employer finds the perfect candidate that they're just going to WHOOPS forget to offer them the job? Go ahead and call him. Ten bucks says he won't take the call and you'll have to leave a message.

• lala7 months agoReport

he told me that if he didn’t end up calling me, that i should call him. that’s why i’m not sure if calling him today, would be too quick

• Judy

wait until tomorrow or Thursday

• lala7 months agoReport

he told me that if he didn’t end up calling me, that i should call him. should i wait till thursday anyways?

It's midday Tuesday where I live. He may have had trouble getting in touch with your references. He may have other things to do. Don't bug him. If he hasn't called you by Wednesday night, call on Thursday. Show that you are considerate of his time, but enthusiastic about getting the job.

• lala7 months agoReport