Terminated wrongfully from my company. They said I broke confidentiality when in fact the company is going under due to financing any advice?

I was an IT director at my company, I would go through the emails frequently as it was a part of my job. I saw that they were planning on laying off several employees across the company and they said it would happen very very soon. I come into work today (Monday) and they bring me into the office, tell me I "chatted" something confidential (Completely false - since I never even use the chat) and that I was terminated. Along with me they terminated another fellow employee. The company is going under due to improper management of finances. What are my options, and how can I get unemployment and also get back at them for what they have done (using the law) of course.

Thank you!

• Jay
    Favorite Answer

You file for unemployment.

IF there is anyone still there to answer the phone when the unemployment people call...and IF that person gives the reason for your termination, then you 'contest' (disagree) with that and you appeal your unemployment.

WHY?

Because they are going under. AND chances are the people who are supposed to answer questions from the unemployment office are no longer employed either.

AND there is a very great chance that if those people are gone the instruction to the people remaining will be 'Don't talk to /answer any questions from 'Unemployment'.

If the company does not answer the phone or refuses to speak to the people at unemployment, they will decide in your favor.

So - dispute any finding twice- at least.

Unless you have an employment contract (very unusual) you don't have a lawsuit even if you didn't do what they accused you of. You may have an unemployment claim, especially if they can't prove you did what they say you did. Unemployment is your recourse. File a claim and start looking for a new job.

Source(s): HR professional for 37 years.

Your job included reading emails??? Apply for unemployment, if your company denies it then they have to prove that you did something such as "chatting" or telling other employees the info you found. Which is grounds to terminate.. If they can't prove that you will get unemployment.

This is not considered wrongful termination.

You apply for unemployment at your local unemployment office.

By law, you do not have a case.

You need to educate yourself on what wrongful termination is.

You just need to move on with your life.

Grow up. Hire an employment lawyer. Fine a. wrongful termination suit. File for unemployment. It isn't that complicated.

The reality is that in many states, employment is "at will," and a company may terminate an employee for any reason at any time. Until you've filed for unemployment benefit and been denied, you shouldn't just assume you won't get them. If you have proof that the reason for your termination is false, then sue for wrongful termination and damages. An employment lawyer can review your situation and evidence, and tell you whether you have a case worth pursing.

Sue they ASSsssssssses