Isn’t yahoo answers just a lazy version of Google?

yes I am readay

It was the Google of my day as a kid

• Lv 7

no. google searches for websites.

Y!A searches for answers from humans.

sometimes a website has the answers you need, but what about a question that is specific to your situation?

Sort of, depending on your question.

In Yahoo, you get to have personalized replies which address your question more directly.

• Bill

I never used Google Answers, but the Google search engine is usually quicker when you need information. I use Yahoo Answers mostly for entertainment.

No. Microsoft powers the Yahoo Search engine, not Yahoo. Google USED to power it.

Google shut down and archived Google Answers at the end of 2006. Google was sued and settled out of court. Ironically, YA exists partly BECAUSE of Google Answers. Verizon Media OWNS what is left of Yahoo, including YA. Verizon makes money from YA because businesses PAY Verizon money for advertising space on YA.

Not really.

Many people come here to ask legit questions they need answers for daily.