How to Get to Port-Royal Historic Site as a First-Time Canada Visitor?

Hello! So I am an American traveling to Nova Scotia, Canada for the first time. My plan is to take a flight from Houston, Texas to Halifax, Canada, and then I want to travel to the Port-Royal National Historic Site from Halifax. I have read up on what is the best way to get there, and so far with my research I... show more Hello! So I am an American traveling to Nova Scotia, Canada for the first time. My plan is to take a flight from Houston, Texas to Halifax, Canada, and then I want to travel to the Port-Royal National Historic Site from Halifax. I have read up on what is the best way to get there, and so far with my research I found that it is best I rent a car in Canada from Halifax to use for the trip there. It is about a two-hour car trip. I would like to know if there are any tips or general advice on how to get around Halifax, Port-Royal Historic Site, or really any area of Nova Scotia, Canada? This is my first time visiting Canada, so I want to be prepared. Thank you so much in advance.