Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareMonitors · 6 months ago

My Xbox controller fell on my LCD monitor, can it be fixed?

I was cleaning my desk and had my monitor on the ground next to my bed, my Xbox controller fell off my bed and landed on the monitor, and it’s broken. Not cracked or anything, but there’s a massive white spot and vertical and horizontal colourful lines on it now, is there anyway to fix it?

Favorite Answer

The outside layer of thin glass sheets might be one piece, but the inside ones are broken. The liquid crystal fluid is leaking, and the internal wires printed on glass are snapped. Totally totaled.

You can try pushing on your monitor screen with it turned on with your finger and move the liquid around and around and see if you can force it back where it belongs in that manner.

Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't

Sure, Best Buy sells new ones.

• TomB

While the screen CAN likely be replaced, just like with a laptop....the cost of repair/replacement may make it more cost effective to buy a new monitor.

Go to the manufacturer's support page and look for a parts list or repair manual.