Do you prefer to buy a new or quality pre-owned vehicle? Why?

• 1 year ago

New. Plus, I buy the extended warranties so there's nothing to worry about.

1 year ago

I have bought three new cars, and a bunch of used ones in my life. There's advantages to both, I guess.

1 year ago

I do prefer new as I know it hasn't been treated badly. I know depreciation occurs but I tend to keep my cars until they die.

• 1 year ago

Bought a new electric vehicle because was first year of production of that model, first months available in USA.

Bought a 5 year old SUV that was creampuff, low miles, perfect shape, spent most of its time inside garage. Paid neighbor the excellent grade Blue Book price. Both of us were happy about it.

Both vehicles have done well after about 8 years.

• User
    1 year ago

Excepting a case when a new vehicle is important for impressing clients or similar things

- i.e. when the appearance of the vehicle works to earn you income

a reliable pre-owned vehicle is always a MUCH better bargain than is a new vehicle.

Why: the cost of a vehicle is much more in the way of a LOSS than an INVESTMENT. If what you need is to get from point A to point B, spending more for a new vehicle is a BAD INVESTMENT compared to spending MUCH less for a reliable used vehicle that will serve the same purpose equally well.

• Sky
    1 year ago

I would never buy a car brand new because I'd be paying for all the depreciation. The car I bought most recently was used, 3 years old, and was certified by the manufacturer-affiliated dealer where I bought it. It had that new car smell that Sombra likes so much (and still does a little bit, 3 years later), and I paid less than half the price of a new one. It was most likely a returned lease car, so the person who first had it spent 3 years paying all the depreciation and didn't have a car to show for it after all that money.

• Grinch
    1 year ago

New car. Always. Because I love that 'new car smell' and I can well afford it.

Actually I don't buy, I lease. Which works well for me, though I understand why it would not for some. My vehicle is always under warranty, if it breaks, it gets fixed. I pay for oil changes, brakes and tires if needed, otherwise I call Roadside Assistance and it's the dealer's problem, not mine. LOVE that.