Can aftermarket wheels damage a transmission?

My boyfriends 2015 Nissan Altima s sport has had the transmission replace once now under warranty. But now the transmission is going again only a few months later. When he took It to the Nissan dealership the guy told him he couldn’t get a new transmission under warranty because his aftermarket wheels were the... show more My boyfriends 2015 Nissan Altima s sport has had the transmission replace once now under warranty. But now the transmission is going again only a few months later. When he took It to the Nissan dealership the guy told him he couldn’t get a new transmission under warranty because his aftermarket wheels were the cause of It not the car itself and It voids the warranty. I’m just dumbfounded and think the guy was just upset that the wheels were locked when he was trying to do the three point inspection. My boyfriend said he was going to take It to another dealership for a second opinion and the guy said he was sending It to Nissan so all the dealerships would know not to give him a new transmission all because of some rims!
16 answers 16