Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 5 months ago

Why do trump supporters often say "I have a black friend" to argue that they're not racist?

51 Answers

Relevance
  • humpty
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Best answer

I despise Donald Trump and his lickspittles, but merely saying I have many black friends does not make me a racist. It is merely fact.

We should never ignore context. What is wrong is racist behaviour, which claiming "black friends" does not excuse. We should focus on the actions rather than the excuses. When someone mentions black (or Asian/First nations) friends I always ask if they have ever discussed racism with them.

Full disclosure: I have partly Asian, Tsimsian and black grandchildren. Like my white grandchildren they are also all Jewish. Is America a melting pot or a salad bowl?

• 5 months ago

Take your over used well-worn racist card and shove it up your well-laid butt ...sideways.

• 5 months ago

Most of us don't.. The democrits want to say they to try to make someone think they are not racist when they play the race ticket constantly.. I Actually DO NOT HAVE ANY BLACK FRIENDS... NOT A ONE... I DO NOT WANT ANY... I am not racist... I Just do not want any and do not plan on going out and trying to hunt any up to prove I am not racist..

• Sfancik
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

Do you have any white friends though?

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I'm a Trump supporter and I have a black friend. I see him in the mirror every morning

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

When it comes to discussion on race, every white person has a black friend.

• irene4 months agoReport

I have a black friend and i have famiy member that are black,that does not make me a non racist or a racist, get over yourself . just love people for who they are.. I am sick of the people that keep on obsessing about color!! btw I think Trump is the most inclusive president that we have ever had.

• Nick
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

Beats me. Maybe they do, but they can’t deny Trump does not respect minorities or women. He only respects people who kiss his butt and then some.

• GiGi
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

According to how the MSM portrays him.

• wowser
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

They hear Trump say it

Attachment image
  • 5 months ago

if we were racist why would we have a black friend? either way you can't tell who is racist and who isn't by how they act.

• Ryde0n
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

Because having Black friends would indicate an absence of racism .

This is a trick question , right ?

• 5 months ago

they still don't make SparkNotes for the voices in your head....

• atomic fireball
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

Is that supposed to be witty? It just comes across as being nonsensical. Nice try though. Whenever I take a break from yahoo answers and come back here I wonder why I do. A lot of people wasting their time blowing hot air on here. See you later

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.