Why do white people think dating people from other races changes theirs?

I've always been told I am mixed. my mum never had the belief she had changed her race because of who she married. and neither had my dad. I met a white woman who had the nerve to tell me she was Polynesian on the count of she's just married to one and has a child with one. she got offended buy someone... show more I've always been told I am mixed. my mum never had the belief she had changed her race because of who she married. and neither had my dad. I met a white woman who had the nerve to tell me she was Polynesian on the count of she's just married to one and has a child with one. she got offended buy someone calling her white. and her child mixed. I'm sorry u can't be offended buy something thats a fact. race is not something that is chosen. it doesn't change because you signed a piece of paper. or popped out a child who is technically MIXED and should identify so. Im mixed white and polyneasian and so when I heard this I tried to not get triggered because her child was there. a race is part of your dna its your cultural Identity its a part of who you are. I can't believe this is a belief like I honestly did not know people thought this. if thats the case it made interracial couples look bad. like as if to say people only marry into other races they want to be so they feel they are. not only that I just felt bad for her daughter she will grow up with poor conception of race. I know it says when you marry someone you become one. but that meant you become one as a family. u do not become one as a race. why on earth would a white person think thats how you change your race? i just don't understand. my family has always told me whats what since I was young maybe because we have so many cultures in my family but I never thought there was a mentality like this. just no logic required.