Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

Is it a sin to have these thoughts?

For a 17 yo man to have thoughts of shootings, murder, etc. when extremely frustrated and angry but would never ever act upon them.

It's damaging myself 'cause since I'm not a bad person, such thoughts which I CANNOT control make me feel guilt.

Regards from ND.

Thanks Cogito, I'll get anger managament therapy

• Cogito
    Favorite Answer

I don't know about sin, but it's worrying and not normal.

Anyone who gets really angry has a problem. Get anger management classes - they can really help.

You NEED to learn how to control your feelings. I can't imagine anyone ever making me feel so angry that I would consider any form of violence against them, except for if anyone was to attack my daughter. My motherly instincts kick in if she's threatened!

Such intense anger is only harming YOU at the moment. If you should ever lose control and act on this anger, you're going to be in real danger of hurting or killing someone - and ending up either dead or in jail yourself.

Please - get help. Learn how to just chill and shrug off annoying situations and people.

17 years old is a boy. If you think it's wrong, it's wrong. Try doing some rigorous exercise when these feeling come up: run, bike, push ups, punching bag. Punching bag is great; you get to hit something.

Yes it is. Jesus said “Out of the heart come wicked reasonings, murders, adulteries, fornications, thieveries, false testimonies, blasphemies.” (Matt. 15:19). What controls our actions is what we have within our hearts. What we have in our hearts tend to be carried out. It is important that we focus our minds on things that are chaste and pure and clean (Philippians 4:8). It is very wrong to harbor unclean thoughts. For more information please visit jw.org.

Everybody has dumb thoughts. Ignore the thoughts, they're nothing.

.

And all sins are forgiven by believing in Jesus for eternal life. That easy.

Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not.

.

The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death

If you think it might be a sin, it probably is.

But who doesn't think of extreme things...I do when I drive....hoping the really stupid ones die in fiery crashes, etc. Most people shouldn't be allowed behind the wheel, but I don't REALLY want them to die...it's just something you say/think at the moment when they pull out in front of you.

If these things begin to be consuming...don't pass once the frustration is over, or you actually consider acting on them, that is when there's a problem.

Otherwise, it's just something to work on...controlling your emotions, but not to the point that you don't allow yourself to experience them. God gave us emotions, too.

Sounds like OCD since you "quote" " such thoughts which I CANNOT control"

Normal. From sports to masturbation those will help channel those thoughts