How to make ethernet connection faster?

So, my mom barely pays for the internet because she never uses it. I am trying to download a game but am only getting 1 mbps. How do I make it faster? I am using a pc not a laptop

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Find out your neighbor's password and steal their connection.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Upgrade your internet connection to a faster speed. That would mean a higher monthly charge. Otherwise, you're stuck with what you have. I suggest when downloading, don't use the computer so the download process have access to the whole available bandwidth allocated to you. If that happens to 1 mbps then that's it.

• 5 months ago

could be server. could be different units based on how its being measured. 30Mbps is about 3.75 MBps which is probably what your seeing on the download side.

• 5 months ago

It would depend more on the internet speed your paying for and the router your using. a $500 router you could get up to 3 gigs a second but that only to the router and the computer

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

If your mom is paying for only 1Mbps, then there's no way to make it faster without paying for a higher tiered package. Otherwise, we need more information. We're not mind readers.

• 5 months ago

you don't give much information

what is the speed of the connection you're paying for?

are you hardwired or wireless?

how old is your computer?

• Nicholas5 months agoReport

My mom is paying for 30 mbps, it is hardwired, and I just got my computer a few weeks ago

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.