How to make ethernet connection faster?

So, my mom barely pays for the internet because she never uses it. I am trying to download a game but am only getting 1 mbps. How do I make it faster? I am using a pc not a laptop

Find out your neighbor's password and steal their connection.

• keerok

Upgrade your internet connection to a faster speed. That would mean a higher monthly charge. Otherwise, you're stuck with what you have. I suggest when downloading, don't use the computer so the download process have access to the whole available bandwidth allocated to you. If that happens to 1 mbps then that's it.

could be server. could be different units based on how its being measured. 30Mbps is about 3.75 MBps which is probably what your seeing on the download side.

It would depend more on the internet speed your paying for and the router your using. a $500 router you could get up to 3 gigs a second but that only to the router and the computer

If your mom is paying for only 1Mbps, then there's no way to make it faster without paying for a higher tiered package. Otherwise, we need more information. We're not mind readers.

you don't give much information

what is the speed of the connection you're paying for?

are you hardwired or wireless?

how old is your computer?

• Nicholas5 months agoReport

My mom is paying for 30 mbps, it is hardwired, and I just got my computer a few weeks ago