Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 5 months ago

This man has advanced AIDS and Hepatitis C. Do you feel sorry for him?

My first thought is that he probably made poor choices that led to his infections, but then I don't know that because there are lots of ways to contract either disease.

So my second, better thought is that, whatever the case, I DO feel sorry for him - since human misfortune calls forth (and SHOULD call forth) pity and mercy from the human heart.

In fact when I have seen people on their deathbeds from lung cancer, even though I knew they chose to smoke cigarettes knowing it might lead to that, I still felt sorry. When others were dying of liver failure, after living a 3-martini life, I still felt sorry. When others hearts failed, after eating like pigs despite their friends' warnings, I still felt sorry. When others died on the highway, despite being reminded hundreds of times to use their seatbelt, I still felt sorry.

That's just the way a healthy human feels.

I feel bad for anyone with an incurable disease, even if their own reckless behavior was the reason they acquired it. Not only that, but the more people who have such diseases, the more people there are to potentially infect others.

Yes, nobody deserves this (although there's treatment to clear Hep. C, and medication for AIDS). There are ways to avoid catching these diseases, but there's a small % of people that got infected and never knew how. Sometimes, the viruses can enter your body if you get a transfusion with infected blood (it was relatively common in the 80's and 90's), and a foetus has a high chance of contracting them later in life if the mother is already infected.

No, because no evidence suggests that he had it.

No because 1) he's black 2) he's American and 3) he's a rapper