Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 5 months ago

Is Leonardo DiCapiro the greatest actor ever?

In my opinion, Leo is the greatest actor of all time. He has at least two generational, classic performances that will go down in history (Wolf of Wall Street & Revanent). I believe his role in Django Unchained fits under that too, only problem is he wasn't in it enough to be a true classic performance. He arguably deserved an oscar for Inception, Catch Me If You Can, Gangs of New York, Blood Diamond. He has the box office hit (Titanic) too. He was in Departed which won Best Picture, and he was great in it. And even the movies that aren't great, he is still amazing in them (J. Edgar, Revolutionary Road, Great Gatsby). He has been a great actor for so long, going back to What's Eating Gilbert Grape, which he got an oscar nom for. Also Romeo + Juliet and Basketball Diaries. And some how I haven't even mentioned one of his best movies, the Aviator. He is in so many phenomenal movies and he is so good in all of them. How is he not the greatest ever???

For anybody who says Leo has no range, let's break it down. From 2010-2015, Leo played...

- A thief who extracts ideas from people's minds (Inception)

- J. Edgar Hoover, the head of FBI (J. Edgar)

- A crazed plantation owner (Django Unchained)

- Jordan Belfort, a millionaire wallstreet broker (Wolf of Wall Street)

- A tribesman who speaks little english and is stranded in the woods (Revanent)

• Steve

I nominate Tom Hanks as the greatest actor ever.

He is very talented and can portray the role of anyone. He was played a lot of famous people like Howard Hughs. He likes to play in true stories

He may be a great actor but he's not a nice guy. He used so complain so much about lots of ugly women liking him because of titanic because they think he's such a nice guy. In reality he's a sexist pig and always has been. He only dates models. He has no depth to him, he just wants a pretty face because all he has to offer them is his money and his fading looks, that is all. He has a shallow personality.

Source(s): But I liked him in the basketball diaries and this boys life. But I can't stand him in much else.
    • 5 months agoReport

Uh...this is irrelevant. I don't care about his personality, I care about if he's a good actor...which he is...the best.

No. Not even close to being the greatest ever. He's a very good actor, I'll leave it at that.

• Canines

He's definitely one of the best actors working today, but not the best. Man or woman, the best actor working today remains Cate Blanchett. Daniel Day-Lewis is too sporadic in choosing his roles, but he's absolutely great in everything he does.

• SW-6

IMO - he is up there, but if I am going by watching good movies, the list would include Leo, but a higher count for Kevin Spacey, Bobby D, Kevin Costner, and probably the winner of greatest ever: Daniel Day Lewis.

• 5 months agoReport

I think it's a mistake to go by quality of movie. Even if you did, I would still pick Leo, but it's a mistake. An actor plays one role in a movie. He/she can only do as much as their character lets them. You pin the stakes on the directors, writers, producers, other actors, etc. LOL Costner/Spacey.

• Mike W

It's all a matter of opinion. There is no greatest actor ever.

• DeeDee

I agree that he will be legendary, like Daniel Day-Lewis. The first time that I saw him in anything was "Gilbert Grape' and he had me convinced that he was really learning disabled. And that says a lot because I work in the field with kids to adulthood.

• 5 months agoReport

Yes Daniel Day-Lewis is up there. Probably in my top 5 ever. The reason I give Leo the edge is just because he has done so much more. If Daniel Day did the amount of work that Leo does, it would be closer.

Chinese people????

He didn't have much of a range. Is he still acting?

• 5 months agoReport

Haha yes, he's going to star in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood this year, the next Tarantino movie. I don't think you have watched many Leo movies if you think he has no range haha. Kind of opposite. He played a stranded American Indian Tribesman in the woods, Jordan Belfort, and a plantation owner.