Age of consent?

In Illinois the age of consent is 17. If I’m 26 is it legal for me to have sexual intercourse with a 17 year old girl.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Clive
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Best answer

Yes. That's what the age of consent MEANS. If you are over the age of consent, you can have sex with anyone also over the age of consent, no other restrictions. And you both are over the age of consent, therefore it is legal. Very simple.

• 5 months ago

The age of consent is 16 years of age in most States .from that you get a 4-year difference 17 and a 26 year old isn't going to wash with the court if you get charged with statutory rape. you have to be very careful with stuff like that because if you wind up charged with a sexual crime you're going to get 15 years in prison and then when you get out of jail you're going to be a registered sex offender for the rest of your life friend no pussy is worth that price!

• Joseph
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

Factually incorrect, if the age is 16, then that person may legally consent to having sex with anyone regardless of their age ( providing that other person is also over 16 ) the 4 year tolerance to which refer applies to minors 15 and younger.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Yes, wear a condom.

• Clive
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Nobody asked your opinion on sexual hygiene. Just answer the question.

• 5 months ago

Sounds like a real looser, who has to prey on someone young and innocent because females your age know who and what you are.

• Larry C
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Clive, I know who and what you are.

Timothy; just because you admit you can not handle women your own age, I would not jump to admit it in public.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Lôn
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Yes, of course....if she's over the age of consent, it's legal...even if you were 66.

• Lôn
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

No...it's legal.....

A 9 year old with an 18 year old is gross....dude!

• 5 months ago

Once the younger person reaches 17, it does not matter if the older person is 17 years and one day or 70.

• 5 months ago

Have a candle light dinner and exchange birth certificates, first. So romantic....

• ?
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Maybe, but why would you want to? When you're looking back at your life on your deathbed, are you going to wish that you could have nailed more idiots?

• Timothy5 months agoReport

It’s not that I have this girl who is friends with my cousin and she keeps hitting on me. And she’s actually gorgeous and I’m considering it

• 5 months ago

sUREEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Let's see - if it's legal to have sex when you are 17 is it legal for a 17 year old to have sex.

The answer appears to be yes.

• Clive
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Only appears? Don't you KNOW?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.