How do I adjust the weight on my tonearm on my record player?

My record player is a ion superior lp bluetooth music centre and doesn’t have a counterweight on it

If such a thing is possible with such a piece of crap, it will be described in the manual.

somtimes they have a thing you twist at the end of the tonearm. Most modern ones I seen don't have a weight on the tone arm but require you to place a penny on right above the stylus

You put a penny on it.

That’s what we did in the old days. Then when CDs came out... we kissed scratches and rumble and dust and wow goodbye as we garage saled our record players for $50, LPs and 45s for .25 and .10 each, and never ever looked back.

Now we have to deal with millennials asking about a wholly inferior medium that should have been dead decades ago.

• spacemissing

A penny is Much too heavy for modern cartridges, even those in junky players. The best remedy is one that addresses the problem by finding the actual fault and correcting it, Not one that only attacks the symptoms.

It is not adjustable like most super cheap turntables.

you use screen decorator

• Murzy

there may be a set-screw to adjust it

The first step you need to take is to replace your record player with one which actually has an adjustable tonearm.

You can buy good used Dual CS505 turntables quite cheaply, and then buy a set of replacement drive bands for the platter and the pitch adjusting knob. You'll also need to buy a preamplifier to boost the tiny output up to line input levels although you can get pretty cheap headphone preamps now with a built-in audio to digital converter and a USB output socket.

If it is adjustable ---

which it may not be ---

it probably doesn't Need to be adjusted anyway.

Ion has yet to make an audio product worth anyone's money,

so I suggest looking for something from an older company with a good reputation.

• Joe

Look underneath the tonearm: some turntables have a concealed counterweight and an adjustment knob.

Varies depending on model.

Generally it involves moving the weight (lump at opposite end to needle) closer or further from pivot point.

Tiny adjustments can make big difference.

• Tarkarri

Add: just looked up the online guide and apparently not adjustable (poor).
      Try adding a tiny blob of blutack either near head to add weight or past the pivot to reduce weight.