Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsSwimming & Diving · 5 months ago

Should I wash my swimsuit every time I use it (I swim everyday)?

I'm a performance swimmer, so my swimsuits are kind of expensive and I only have two pairs. I usually take them home in a plastic bag and hang them in my bathroom shower to dry.

You should wash it every time you swim because of the chemicals that are in the pool

Don't listen to people who tell you to use any soap or even to dry it in the washing machine. Just rinse your suit after practice with cold water only and hang it up to dry. Never use warm water either, as this will also shorten the life of the suit. Also, I would very very very highly recommend Jolyn Clothing swimsuits. I am a competitive swimmer, too, and all the girls wear swimsuits from this brand. They last forever, and they are super cute! Good luck xxx

yes that is so disgusting

• anna4 months agoReport

no, you're actually wrong. washing swimsuits is horrible for them

Suits should be rinsed after wearing in the pool to get rid of the chlorine, which will shorten the life of the garment.

• Sky

Swim nude. Problem solved.

After swimming, I'd rinse them with clean water (e.g. while showering) and hang them to dry. Washing them - every once in a while.

But I'm a guy, that's what I did with my swimming trunks years ago. Currently, with my cycling stuff, I hang them to air out after each ride and change (and wash) them every week.

I'm not sure, but maybe you can hand wash them real quick? Just wet them with warm water in the shower and squeeze a small amount of laundry detergent into them and knead it in with your hands. Then run them under warm water and keep squeezing and kneading untiI all the detergent comes out. It should only take a few minutes, I wouldn't run an entire Ioad just for that.

• Mark

If you use it every day, you can rinse it in the bathroom sink, then spin-dry it in the washing machine.

You should rinse them thoroughly every day in warm water to get rid of the chlorine.