Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 7 months ago

I find it hard working. I'm in work 8 hours a day and I just hate it?

Everyone works etc. Why do find it so hard. Iv bit worked for a few years so maybe it's that. Does it get easier. I feel

Like I'm a terrible person feeling like this and lazy

• falcon

You don't like the job that you do like most of our pollution ,do you like something? if you do try find work at that field even if the pay is not much in the beginning . start from the bottom and go up slowly

Anyone who hates working is at the wrong job.

I know it's hard to do but change your job.

Or you'll be suffering forever.

Maybe you just need to find a job that you enjoy more. Most people work 8 hour days, and work from the time they are either in high school/college up until they retire (unless something happens that changes things). You just need to find your "niche," per se.

• Dr. D

What kind of work are you doing? When you work you should take pride in your work. See your work as helping make a difference. You are performing a service that in some way makes the lives of others better.

If you cannot see your work as a valuable service then maybe you should be looking for another job.

• C

Maybe you're in the wrong job or wrong sector entirely? It know it's not so easy to just change, but maybe you should start planning for a change? Some of the best advice I was ever given was that a job doesn't have to be your passion but it should chime with your strengths, and that means thinking about the things you're good at and the things that you just know will always rub you the wrong way. For example, I know that I just can't cope with highly structured workplaces with repetitive tasks, but for someone else that's their ideal work situation.

Have you ever tried doing a career test for adults? It may throw up suggestions that you may never have considered before. A friend of mine switched from working in theatre, being a creative type, to being an EMT call handler after taking a few such tests and is much happier and less stressed out even though it's serious work.

• Katie

There are a few things that might make you hate working 8 hours a day - the weather, not doing something you enjoy, unpleasant colleagues.