what software will play dvds on a computer now?

because i heard a while back that windows media player no longer plays dvds or cds?

so i was wondering what free programs out there will play dvds and cds on a desktop computer?

i still have a windows 7 desktop computer.

• YKhan
    Favorite Answer

Pretty much any Windows video player will still play DVD's for you, including the included Windows Media Player. That hasn't changed. What has changed is that there is no longer DVD copying program included with the Windows OS anymore.

VLC the easiest player that plays anything

In windows 10, windows media player is sufficient to play any type of secure video. My second opinion is vlc media player.

• John

I only use VLC, it plays everything.

I use vlc player

Technically, Windows Media Center DOES still play them, it just...doesn't exist on the newer versions of Windows. lol. If you have Win7, you're good, but anything later, you're sunk. Most people download VLC Media Player to play movies (maybe CDs, too? Never tried it for that) on newer Windows versions.

• Rayal

I use VLC on my windows machines and quicktime/ vlc on my mac.

Spam question. You've asked this same question over and over. VLC is the best free media player. It seems to me that you're a troll at this point.

VLC player ..........