Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 months ago

What do these words mean?

Lying from the start, the preachers piled their craft, scoffing elder glories, and dying I depart to make their sunken hearts a coffin for their stories

• Jake

By reciting the rosary each day with care, a person can know many truths.

• poldi2

"piled their craft" - so they don't teach basic language in school anymore.

They PLIED their craft.

Who knows - it looks like a bad attempt at poetry to me.

1) Lying from the start, the preachers plied their craft, 2)scoffing elder glories, 3) and dying I depart to make their sunken hearts a coffin for their stories.

1) The preachers were like lying for a living.

2) They made fun of the older accomplishments of others.

3) This one is a little vague and subject to interpretation. I think the writer is saying that they have some sort of terminal illness, and thus maybe feel like they have nothing to lose by going and killing those lying preachers, therefore stopping their lies, knowing they'll die in the process or soon thereafter.

"plied" their craft

ply

verb

\ ˈplī \

plied; plying

to practice or perform diligently

He seems to be criticizing some unidentified preachers for betraying their holy calling, and then states that as he dies, he will take their stories with him to the grave.

But of course, we should observe overall context for the best explanation.