Fod Ahmed asked in HealthMental Health · 5 months ago

Should I keep trying ? I know there is light.?

Through the 25 years, I’ve been through much and yet I remain to be resilient and strong but my struggles at home and porn ! Can bring me down but when I am busy those depressing thoughts don’t come as much, I did post earlier about love! But I just want your opinion who kind of must been in my shoes maybe. Been alone despite having so many friends and no parental emotional support. Not finding a nice lady. Paying so much for counseling yet no one to appreciate me! Sometimes I want validation too. Some days i feel so positive I dance in my car and go workout and other days I feel so down and sad! Like no trust left in people !

• Janet

Most people feel alone most of their lives .. even amidst friends, and even if married.

We are about as happy as we decide to be. In any situation, ask yourself, "Is THIS something I can change?" And if you cannot change it, isn't is self-hating to continue to get upset about something we cannot change?

Happiness is a state of mind and comes only from within our mind. But the more we tell ourselves that outside things will make us happy, the less happy we are going to be.

95% of our emotions come from our subconscious, and what comes out is what we have previously put in. If we feed in self-deprecation or negativity, that is we our subconscious spits back out.

That doesn't mean we can affect external circumstances by becoming positive .. we are not omnipotent. But we CAN learn to be happy, regardless of what external circumstances might be.

Porn, alcohol, shopping ... even socializing and love ... these are attempts to distract ourselves from our inner pain, rather than facing our emotions and relaxing into them and accepting them.

• lala

Work on your self esteem

Take some martial arts

its good for your depression and for self confidence

• Fod Ahmed5 months agoReport

I have my black belt! It’s not about self confidence it’s more depression but my therapist just moved away !

keep on being happy! try to find happiness everywhere and please remember that we've just a life... so that we absolutely must smile even if life can be sad or dramatic