What to do about this friendship?

We have been friends for 3 years however there will be no contact unless I instigate contact either text, email or talking in person. I always plan the hangouts and am always the one to make the suggestion and when we do hangout it is very brief and he always seems to be in a rush to get home and get.more involved... show more We have been friends for 3 years however there will be no contact unless I instigate contact either text, email or talking in person. I always plan the hangouts and am always the one to make the suggestion and when we do hangout it is very brief and he always seems to be in a rush to get home and get.more involved with his other friends. When he does visit I feel it’s out of convince or duty since we always try to meet when he comes home for the summer. I have always put more effort into the friendship and even though he says he will try he never emails, calls or texts.

I thought I should mention that he began the friendship with me first.