Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 5 months ago

What to do about this friendship?

We have been friends for 3 years however there will be no contact unless I instigate contact either text, email or talking in person. I always plan the hangouts and am always the one to make the suggestion and when we do hangout it is very brief and he always seems to be in a rush to get home and get.more involved with his other friends. When he does visit I feel it’s out of convince or duty since we always try to meet when he comes home for the summer. I have always put more effort into the friendship and even though he says he will try he never emails, calls or texts.

I thought I should mention that he began the friendship with me first.

Just let the contact be what it is without trying to make the effort. You do not want anyone to fake who they are and text or call you only because you said something about it. Sometimes people grow apart and that's just a part of life, people come and go in your life. If you care about him then check on him without expecting a callback. When you care for someone do not expect anything in return. If you keep doing that you will eventually pop up in his mind making him recall how good a friend you were and how simpler things were when he was your friend.

I'm not sure what, exactly you get out of this friendship??? Why are you bothering?

I would stop all contact all together and see how long, or if at all, he contacts you to hang out.

A real friend doesn't make you do all the work - and if he's involved with his other friends, then it means he values those friendships more than yours. Maybe he doesn't want to hurt your feelings and despite him having began the friendship, maybe as time went on he realized you don't click or mesh as well as he thought.

You haven't said anything positive about this person - about him being there for you or having an amazing time when you do hang out.

It's such a waste of time to spend with someone like this. There are tons of people who want to be your friend and bond more often. Say good bye or nothing at all - it probably won't matter to this guy. Good luck!