Why don't people stop buying plastic when they know it's impact?

they just simply don't care, the vast majority of people only care about themselves and nothing else

Bc i dnt want to...

• Kate

Unfortunately, as long as manufacturers and producers continue to plastic wrap and package everything, people will continue to buy it. I refuse to put fresh veg and fruit in plastic and take a cloth bag to the suprmarket when shopping.

• dtheseed4 months agoReport

Thank you for trying, which is more than most of the people here do obviously.

• zipper

Every thing comes in plastic, so you pretty much have no choice in the issue, do you!

• Mark

Sometimes it's impossible. Just a few years ago, mayo and peanut butter were sold in glass containers, and milk was sold in cardboard ones. Now it's ALL plastic. Do you propose not to eat those foods EVER?

• Cowboy

Most people have no clue of it's impact - our world is an ignorant place....just look at republican voters!! they eat up lies as if they were candy.

You try to buy something that doesn't have plastic either in it or wrapped around it. I found shrink wrapped carrots in my local store last week.

• oikoσ

You also have to consider the impact of the alternatives to plastic: spoiled product, breakage, weight, production cost . . . .

• F

I've never been shopping for "plastic". OK most of what I buy is probably wrapped in it, and some things made entriely of it. No one had come up with a viable alternative. Paper packaging involves chopping down trees, our best defence against rising CO2, (and for liquids it has to be plastic coated anyway) and glass is so heavy it increases transport costs and neds lots of energy to produce.

because, dangerous to the planet or not, plastic is still everywhere and can be hard or expensive to avoid. it's a very cheap and convenient option, which makes it a popular choice for many people.