Do I have some kind of anxiety? (please answer if you have experience or are serious. Thank you!)?

I'm a 15 year old girl, I'm a freshman in high school, but I'm going to be a junior in august. I had three friends in middle school but I lost connection with them due to multiple different reasons. Since I basically lost all my middle school friends in freshman year, I knew I had to make new friends during freshman year. The problem is that I was basically the outcast. I sat alone at lunch the whole year, I couldn't talk to any one, and I was bullied every now and then by the popular kids. Any ways, I tried talking to people, but I either just got a little nervous thinking about it, felt nothing when I wasn't serious about talking to any one, or I just brushed it off completely. I just found it easier to avoid social interaction altogether. I even got nervous when I saw a classmate in the hallway which was pretty pathetic. I didn't even have the guts to say hi. Towards the middle of the year, I did talk to a foreign exchange student who transferred to my homeroom because I wanted a friend, but I was so nervous beyond belief. I even got nervous when I was making my way to her desk to talk to her. When I actually started talking to her I started shaking, along with my body my voice was shaky, and my body felt hot. Even though it was months ago I can remember it pretty well. If someone I don't know comes to talk to me, I feel a bit happy, but another part of me doesn't want to continue the conversation. Am I just rude, shy, introverted, or is something actually wrong with me??

Sorry I realized I said "junior" instead of "sophomore" my bad.

• `

By the time you get to high school, most of the students formed their own little "cliques." You need to re-establish your friendship with kids your own age and work on your self esteem issues. When you gain confidence and self esteem, the older students will stop bullying you.

• Heather5 months agoReport

Yes you're right about the cliques and the self-esteem, but the problem is the kids that are bullying me are not only my age, but are also in my grade, and are in most of my classes. Most of the kids in my grade are mean so most of the time it feels like I can't relate to any one in my school.

• Dog

You kind of sound like you do have anxiety. I was kind of an outcast as well, and I was diagnosed with anxiety and ocd later in life. You should tell your doctor this, as you might need medication. You don't want to reach the stage of having panic attacks, so you should definitely fix it right away! Answer mine plz... https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20190...

You might be a little introvert but at the end of the day, you’re human and part of being human is social interaction. It is healthy and no one wants to be the person that sits alone deep down and you know this. I kind of used to have this problem too and the way I solved it was hatha yoga and daily excercise along with meditation. The meditation part isn’t fully necessary but it helps you to gain control of your thoughts so you don’t over think in situations and get all nervous or aqkward.

The hatha yoga, if practiced daily helps to get rid of the qualities about your personality that you don’t like and makes you more confident and radiant and like able all around. Sounds crazy and weird but if you were to actually practice this for and observe the changes that happen you would see what I mean. It also helps with anxiety as does excercise

You know I’m about your age and I’ve experienced this myself. Just hang in there everything will work out:)