Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 6 months ago

Are nuclear weapons like a countries second amendment?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • In
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I gotta disagree with Weasel on one point. North Korea had no nuclear weapons during the 3 years of the Korean War (or 11 years of M*A*S*H) and that ended in a stalemate. Well, to be more accurate the war is still going on after 69 years although there was an armistice in 1953 that brought an end to the fighting.

• 6 months ago

The funny thing is.........Nuclear armed countries, who didn't let anyone else tell them whether they can develop nukes or not.............now want the right to tell other countries what THEY can build or not.

Last time I checked..................sovereign countries had the right to build any goddamn thing they want.

The US president , or the French President, or Germany or anyone else, does not RULE or RUN Iran.

We can NOT like it, all we want............but we have ZERO authority to TELL them what they can do or not.......

and the fact that we THREATEN them, is alll the more reason for them to develop their own........since we keep threatening them.

Same logic applies to North Korea..........without them, we could roll right over them.

But if they have some..........not so easy to be pushed around, is it?

• 6 months ago

No. There is no overall international Constitution. What you have is international treaties. Most nations signed the NNPT and abide by it. North Korea and Iran signed it and are not abiding by it. Some, like Israel, Pakistan and India, did not sign it and therefore are free to do what they want. Since India and Pakistan got nukes, they have not had a major war, just some minor short lived actions. The nukes are acting as deterrents. Since 1973 when Israel was close to losing and it became clear it was readying its nukes, no other nation has been willing to go to war with Israel so it is acting as a deterrent too. IMHO if Iran gets nukes it will find a way to use them, perhaps by giving one to a terrorist group so they can use it.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Uh.. I guess. I personaIIy think any country shouId have the abiIity to defend itseIf or eIse we're basicaIIy Iiving in a One WorId Government where the strongest country controIs everything.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

no, arms treaties are like a second amendment.

• 6 months ago

No, they are like nuclear weapons.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.